Government Funding Streams:
Below is information regarding the programs and services Burnaby Community Services, and our sister agencies, Burnaby Meals on Wheels, and Burnaby Seniors Outreach are currently providing:
- Our Seniors Transportation program continues to provide rides to medical appointments for seniors. Call Vicki at (604) 292-3901 for more information, or to ask about volunteer opportunities.
- Burnaby Meals on Wheels is delivering regularly scheduled hot and frozen meals. We have brought in more volunteers and are pleased to be able to welcome new clients. Visit www.burnabymeals.ca or give Kim a call at (604) 299-5754 to register as a client or apply to volunteer.
- Income Tax queries & Form Completion - Contact Jesse by text at 778-714-5252 or by email at: email@example.com.
Note that seniors are encouraged to submit their 2019 income information as soon as possible, and no later than October 1st, 2020. For more details about the latest CRA announcement, click here.
- The Burnaby Recreation Credits program has been resumed by the City of Burnaby. We are continuing to accept applications by mail at 2055 Rosser Avenue in Burnaby. Please contact Marney at (604) 292-3900 with any questions.
- Burnaby Seniors Outreach is providing friendly check-in calls or emails to whomever asks for one. In person programs, workshops, and support groups are currently on hold however… because of ZOOM, the New Dementians sing together Saturday morning, Dementia Café meets monthly, Caregiver Support Groups meet on some Mondays and Saturdays, and the conversation group Connection Club shares ideas and support on Tuesday afternoons. Caregivers are the backbone of our home health services. We want to ensure we do whatever we can to minimize burn out and maximize support to these everyday heroes who support the well-being of others. To learn more about the programs, schedules, and how to participate, visit: www.bsoss.org, email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or phone leave a message at: (604) 291-2258 or (604) 375-5778.
- Our Poverty Law Advocate is conducting video conferencing meetings by appointment, and can be reached by text at 778-714-5252 or by email at: email@example.com.
Due to COVID-19, our Brentwood Community Resource Centre remains closed to the public at this time and we continue to suspend on-site programs and activities. We are continuing to provide critical services to those in need with our staff working both on site and remotely.
We encourage everyone to stay abreast of the evolving situation via these websites:
- Burnaby Corona Virus - available in 5 languages (https://www.burnabycoronavirus.com/)
- BC211 - has information for seniors and the latest news (http://www.bc211.ca/)
- City of Burnaby (https://www.burnaby.ca/City-Services/Public-Safety/Novel-Coronavirus--COVID-19-.html)
- Fraser Health Authority (https://www.fraserhealth.ca/)
- BC Centre for Disease Control (http://www.bccdc.ca/)
- The Public Health Agency of Canada (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health.html)
We will continue to monitor the evolving situation and will provide updates on our website and social media channels as new information becomes available.
We look forward to re-opening our doors and continuing to serve the community in our regular capacity.
Thank you for your patience and support as we navigate this challenging time together.